Master’s degree in psychology, licensed psychologist and certified Systemic family therapist and Clinical psychoanalysis candidate
Field of expertise
Ksenija Šešlija practices individual, partner and family therapy, counselling, and diagnostics. In her past therapeutic work, she has worked predominantly with individuals suffering from depression, various anxiety disorders (generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder), addiction, couples in crisis, as well as functional individuals facing difficulties and challenges in everyday life. Her experience extends to working with people with somatic symptom disorder (autoimmune diseases), and people in the terminal stages of illness and their families.
Ksenija is a psychologist and certified Systemic family therapist. She received her bachelor’s degree in psychology (equivalent of Master’s degree) from the University of Belgrade, where she then received training in child and adult cognitive behavioural therapy. CBT is a structured approach that offers useful techniques and interventions, while family therapy, which applies an interaction method, offers a more comprehensive method of reviewing and comprehending individuals, couples and families, more in tune with her sensibility. She continued her professional training at the Association of Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists (UDAPS) and she is enrolled in Clinical Psychoanalysis as a candidate.
Ksenija gained significant clinical experience at the Clinical Centre of Serbia Psychiatry Clinic, where she had the opportunity to learn about various types of psychopathologies (from nonpsychotic to psychotic disorders), as well as to hone her psychodiagnostics skills. While working at the Centre for Substitution Therapy at the Savski Venac Health Centre, which was founded in cooperation with Médecins du Monde, she received training in state-of-the-art science-based approach to working with addicts from a team of experts from the Espace Indépendance, Centre for Rehabilitation and Addiction Treatment.
While working at the Dr. Raketić paediatric practice, Ksenija worked with families with preschool and school-age children, as well as families with adolescents, who are going through different crisis periods and who experienced reduced functionality.
Ksenija is the author and co-author of several papers in the field of addiction. Her interests also extend to pastoral psychology. She considers psychotherapy extremely important for both persons who have mental disorders and difficulties, as well as functional individuals who want to grow and develop their personal capacities. She is particularly inspired by working with individuals who face a crisis of identity, especially in contemporary circumstances of digitalisation and economisation in nearly all spheres of life, who are in search for purpose and meaning, and who strive for maturity and integration.
Qualifications and memberships
- BSc & Master’s degree in psychology, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Certified Family Therapist (European Family Therapy Association (EFTA) and European Association for Psychotherapy (EAP)
- Cognitive behavioural therapist
- Clinical psychoanalysis candidate at Psychoanalytical Society of Serbia (International Psychoanalytical Association)
- Child and Adolescent psychoanalytic psychotherapist in training with the Association of Child and Adolescent Psychoanalytic Psychotherapists (UDAPS), approved by the European Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (EFPP)
- Certified Trainer of Trainers for the World Health Organisation (WHO) and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) for Drug Dependence Treatment – Elements of Psychosocial Treatment
- Internationally certified expert in addiction treatment – training of trainers for the Universal Treatment Curriculum (UTC), organized by the Colombo Plan Centre for Credentialing and Education of Addiction Professional (ICCE), in cooperation with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- Certified by the Regional Association of Westfalen-Lippe (LWL) for Early Intervention for Young Drug Users.
- Candidate Member of Psychoanalytical Society of Serbia (International Psychoanalytical Association)
- Candidate Member of European Psychoanalytical Federation
- Member of the Association of Societies of Psychotherapists of Serbia
- Member of Serbian Psychological Society
- individual psychotherapy for adults, children and adolescents
- couples therapy
- family psychotherapy
- parenting support
- group therapy
Languages in which therapy is provided: Serbian-Bosnian-Croatian, English
Therapy setting: in person & online